Searchlight Logo
special_image

    • News
      • Front Page
      • News
      • Breaking News
      • Press Release
      • From the Courts
      • Features
      • Special Features
      • Sports
      • Regional / World
      • Regional / World
    • Opinions
      • Editorial
      • Our Readers’ Opinions
      • Bassy – Love Vine
      • Prof. J Robinson – Eye of the Needle
      • Dr. Fraser- Point of View
      • R. Rose – Eye of the Needle
      • On Target
      • Dr Jozelle Miller
      • The World Around Us
      • Random Thoughts
    • Advice
      • Kitchen Corner
      • What’s on Fleek this week
      • Health Wise
      • Physician’s Weekly
      • Business Buzz
      • Hey Rosie!
      • Prime the pump
    • ePaper
    • Obituaries
      • In Memoriam / Acknowledgement
      • Tribute
    • Contact Us
      • Advertise With Us
      • logo
      • logo
      • logo
    • About Us
      • logo
      • St. Vincent & the Grenadines
    • Subscribe
    • News
      • Front Page
      • News
      • Breaking News
      • Press Release
      • From the Courts
      • Features
      • Special Features
      • Sports
      • Regional / World
      • Regional / World
    • Opinions
      • Editorial
      • Our Readers’ Opinions
      • Bassy – Love Vine
      • Prof. J Robinson – Eye of the Needle
      • Dr. Fraser- Point of View
      • R. Rose – Eye of the Needle
      • On Target
      • Dr Jozelle Miller
      • The World Around Us
      • Random Thoughts
    • Advice
      • Kitchen Corner
      • What’s on Fleek this week
      • Health Wise
      • Physician’s Weekly
      • Business Buzz
      • Hey Rosie!
      • Prime the pump
    • ePaper
    • Obituaries
      • In Memoriam / Acknowledgement
      • Tribute
    • Contact Us
      • Advertise With Us
      • logo
      • logo
      • logo
    • About Us
      • logo
      • St. Vincent & the Grenadines
    • Subscribe
Beache denies talking to Baptiste about NCB
News
April 1, 2011

Beache denies talking to Baptiste about NCB

If it was up to Glen Beache, he would have been doing his own thing right now.

At a press conference on Tuesday, March 29th, the Chief Executive Officer of the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Tourism Authority disclosed that rumours{{more}} that he had left active politics to take up that executive position are untrue.

Beache indicated that he had already made plans for life after politics, when he decided that he was not going to contest the 2010 General elections.

“I had no intentions of taking up this position… I had already made up my mind that I was leaving politics and had already started to put things in place… one of those things was the registration of a company called Lonsdale St. Vincent and the Grenadines.”

Beache, the ex-Minister of Tourism said that his marketing company was completely different to that of Lonsdale Saatchi and Saatchi Trinidad and Tobago, which is responsible for the regional tourism marketing of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

“About three months before elections last year when our business plan was finished we realized it wouldn’t work; Vincentian companies just don’t want to spend that kind of money on marketing and advertising, so we shelved it. The company is still registered; it is still owned by Ken (Attale), myself and my wife and his financial controller in Trinidad.

“But I know that comments have been made that my company is responsible for four million out of the 14 that the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Tourism Authority has to spend. Let me make it clear that there is no truth to it.

“If anybody can find any evidence to say that I have done anything outside of my capacity as CEO for the Tourism Authority, please point it out to me. Therefore, the board will have the right to fire me.”

As for his appointment as CEO of the Authority, where he is also currently serving as Marketing Manager, Beache said that his qualifications and experience speak for themselves, and that he is more than qualified to be in that position.

He also said that rumours that he is making more than $25,000 are false, and that his contract is in public domain so it can be verified.

The former minister also took the opportunity to debunk another statement made by his former Communications Officer and now New Democratic Party Senator Anesia Baptiste, denying that he had shared any business advice with her.

“I never had any discussions with Ms Baptiste about anything with NCB bank. I have never seen NCB’s overdraft in my life; not as a Cabinet Minister and now that I am CEO even worse.

“And if I was going to give anybody that advice I would give it to my personal friends who I know bank with NCB. Ms Baptiste and I have never been that close for me to give that advise if it was true.

“I’m basically saying that there was no conversation about that or even close to it. No conversation with her at all.”

  • FacebookComments
  • ALSO IN THE NEWS
    Warm welcome for Vincentian NASCAR driver
    Front Page
    Warm welcome for Vincentian NASCAR driver
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Rajah Caruth, professional NASCAR Driver and Sporting Ambassador for St. Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG), got a warm homecoming when he arrived on We...
    CRAB not going to spread like Covid/AIDS – medical specialist
    Front Page
    CRAB not going to spread like Covid/AIDS – medical specialist
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Infectious disease specialist Dr. Jerrol Thompson has said the drug-resistant bacterium, Carbapenem-Resistant Acinetobacter baumannii (CRAB), recently...
    Components displeased over CDC prize giving ceremony
    Front Page
    Components displeased over CDC prize giving ceremony
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    The manner in which the prize money for components involved in VincyMas competitions 2026 was distributed has left a bitter taste in the mouth of some...
    Entrepreneur introduces new tequila to the local market
    Front Page
    Entrepreneur introduces new tequila to the local market
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Mohandus “Bobby” Martin is hoping to carve out a niche in the St Vincent and the Grenadines’s (SVG) beverage market by introducing an affordable Europ...
    Close friend says Layou man’s death was not by stabbing
    Front Page
    Close friend says Layou man’s death was not by stabbing
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Reports that Layou resident Renold “Bagga” Quashie was stabbed and killed seems not have been the correct conclusion, a relayed by a friend who referr...
    Twenty receive Basil Charles Foundation scholarships and bursaries for 2026
    Front Page
    Twenty receive Basil Charles Foundation scholarships and bursaries for 2026
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Twenty new students have been added to The Basil Charles Educational Foundation (BCEF) Scholarship programme, which this year celebrates 30 years. The...
    News
    NASCAR driver Rajah Caruth  excited to  create new  memories of SVG
    News
    NASCAR driver Rajah Caruth excited to create new memories of SVG
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Professional NASCAR driver Rajah Caruth received a hero’s welcome in Barrouallie yesterday, August 13,2026 returning to his roots during an emotional ...
    Caution given on the responsible use of AI
    News
    Caution given on the responsible use of AI
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    With Artificial Intelligence (AI) becoming increasingly advanced and accessible, Chief Executive Officer of the National Centre for Technological Inno...
    Former Miss SVG Aviar Charles shares inspiring journey in pursuit of higher education
    News
    Former Miss SVG Aviar Charles shares inspiring journey in pursuit of higher education
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Former Miss St Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG), Aviar Charles recently reflected on her journey to the crown while encouraging the St. Vincent and th...
    Rehabilitation Works continuing on Fort Charlotte
    News
    Rehabilitation Works continuing on Fort Charlotte
    Jada 
    August 12, 2026
    The Government of St. Vincent and the Grenadines, through the World Bank-funded Unleashing the Blue Economy of the Caribbean (UBEC) Project, has reaff...
    Fresh information released in Garifuna prisoners of war exhibition
    News
    Fresh information released in Garifuna prisoners of war exhibition
    Jada 
    August 12, 2026
    While most Vincentians know that approximately 5000 Garifuna and Kalinago people were rounded up and forcibly exiled by the British to Balliceaux in 1...

    E-EDITION
    ePaper
    google_play
    app_store
    Subscribe Now
    • Interactive Media Ltd. • P.O. Box 152 • Kingstown • St. Vincent and the Grenadines • Phone: 784-456-1558 © Copyright Interactive Media Ltd.. All rights reserved.
    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.Ok