September 28, 2010
US Consul to pay visit

A Consular Officer from the U.S. Embassy in Barbados will visit Saint Vincent from October 4-5, 2010 to provide American Citizen Services, and to accept applications for U.S. passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA).{{more}} Visa cases will not be discussed.

Appointments in St. Vincent will be held at the U.S. Peace Corps office in New Montrose, Kingstown on Monday, October 4, from 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Tuesday, October 5, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

An appointment is required to meet with the Consular Officer. All appointments are scheduled online. To schedule an appointment, please follow instructions on the U.S. Embassy’s website at Applicants are reminded that they must have all forms filled our prior to their appointment.

Fees are payable by international money order or bank draft, made out to “U.S. Embassy, Barbados.” Fees are: Child’s passport (under 16) US$105; first adult passport US$135; CRBA US$100. Persons renewing a ten-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, and who can present the expired passport, may apply by mail directly to the Embassy; fee is US$110.

All passport applicants who cannot present a previous ten-year passport issued less than fifteen years ago must appear for an interview with the Consular Officer. If both parents are listed on the birth certificate of a child under age 16, both parents must appear in person with the child OR submit a notarized statement of consent from the parent not present. For more information visit:

All applicants must provide: completed passport application and proof of U.S. citizenship – such as previous U.S. passports, U.S. birth certificate, or U.S. naturalization certificate.

For a child under 16, bring current passport, birth certificate and a photocopy of certificate, parents’ passports (along with photocopies of descriptive data pages of parents’ passports) and two passport-size photos – 2”x2.”

A prepaid air-way bill (FedEx, DHL, QuikPak, etc.) is required in order to mail/post passports back to Saint Vincent. Additional information on U.S. citizen services and links to application forms are available on U.S. Department of State’s website at