The Government of St Vincent and the Grenadines will join with the rest of the International Community in celebrating Public Service day on Saturday, June 23 under the local theme “Realizing Sustainable Goals through Public Service.”
The Public Sector Reform Unit (PSRU) in the Service Commissions Department will be hosting a week of activities from Monday, June 18 to Saturday, June 23 in commemoration of the day, as homage to the thousands of hard working Public Servants of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The activities for the Week are
(1) A Church Service at the New Testament Church of God, Wilson Hill, Kingstown, on Monday, June 18, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
(2) Inter Ministerial Internship, Tuesday June 19 and Wednesday, June 20 from 8:00 a.m to 4:15 p.m daily.
(3) Think Tank Forum, Wednesday, June 20 at Frenches House from 8:30 a.m to 12:00 noon.
(4) Ministerial ICT Excellence Award, Thursday, June 21 at NIS Conference Room from 9:30 a.m to 12:00 noon.
(5) Exhibition on the Sustainable Development Goals, Friday, 22nd June, at the car park between the Registry and the Post Office Building, from 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m.
(6) Fun and Fitness Glow Walk on Saturday, June 23, at 5:30 pm from the car park between the Registry and the Post Office Building to the Arnos Vale roundabout, via the Cane Garden main road and back, along the Richmond Hill main road to the car park for a fitness workout session. Members of the general public are invited to show solidarity by wearing white T-shirt and joining in the walk.
The PSRU in a release thanked everyone for their support and encouraged their fullest participation in all the activities as they strive to realize Sustainable Development Goals for all through Public Service.(API)