March 20, 2015
US Consular Officer to hold office hours for US citizens in SVG

Fri, Mar 20, 2015

A Consular Officer from the US Embassy in Barbados will visit Kingstown, St Vincent and the Grenadines, April 7-9, 2015, to provide US citizens services and to accept applications for US passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA). Visa cases will not be discussed.{{more}}

A release from the Embassy notes that handwritten passport forms will no longer be accepted. Forms must be filled out online at and then printed. Passport applicants are asked to have all forms completed prior to their appointment and bring originals and copies of all supporting documents.

Appointments will be held at the Peace Corps Office in Kingstown:

Tuesday, April 7: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Wednesday, April 8: 8.30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Thursday, April 9: 8.30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Appointments to meet with the Consular Officer must be made online at

Fees must be paid by international money order or bank draft made out to “U.S. Embassy.”

PLEASE NOTE: The money order or bank draft must have the correct and exact amount. Refunds will not be issued.

Fees are:

· Child’s passport (under age 16): US$105

· First adult passport: US$135

· CRBA: US$100

· Notarials: US$50 per signature

If you are renewing a 10-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, and can present your expired passport, you may apply by mail directly to the Embassy; the fee is US$110. If you cannot present a previous 10-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, you must appear in person for an interview with the consular officer; fee is US$135.

All applicants must provide: completed passport application; two passport-size photos (2” x 2”); proof of US citizenship such as previous US passport, US birth certificate, US consular report of birth abroad, or US naturalization certificate; and social security card. Please bring originals AND photocopies of all documents. You must also provide a prepaid air waybill (FedEx, DHL, LIAT QuikPak, etc) in order to have the new passport mailed back to you.

For a child under age 16, if both parents are listed on the birth certificate, both parents must appear in person with the child OR a signed, notarized Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent from the non-applying parent/guardian must be submitted. Please bring the documents listed above PLUS the child’s birth certificate and both parents’ passports or other identification. Please bring originals AND photocopies of all documents, including copies of the parents’ identification. For more information, visit:

Additional information on US citizen services and links to application forms are available on the US Department of State’s website at