‘Shrek and female companion shot in Union Island
Ricardo “Shrek” McFee (fp) was shot in Clifton Union Island
From the Courts
July 10, 2020

‘Shrek and female companion shot in Union Island

Having been accused on at least three occasions of shooting offences, Ricardo “Shrek” McFee is himself now nursing gunshot wounds.

The 32-year-old Redemption Sharpes resident who has been in trouble with Vincentian and Grenadian authorities over the years, was shot in Clifton, Union Island on Monday July 6.

McFee and a 20-year-old female Grenadian companion sustained gunshot wounds while sleeping at a rented apartment in Clifton.

Police say the assailant entered the apartment and shot McFee and his female friend who were rushed to the mainland, via the SVG Coast Guard Service.

They received medical attention at the Milton Cato memorial Hospital (MCMH) and are said to be stable.

McFee rose to notoriety in 2016 when he was charged with the Friday October 7, 2016 shooting death of 10-month-old Mozarie Lee of Fair Hall.

McFee and his co-accused Martin “Jahson” James were eventually cleared of the charges.

On October 15, 2018, McFee and two others were charged with the attempted murder of Jawanza “Sanga” Fraser at Paul’s Lot. McFee also beat that charge.

Before that, on the night of October 14, 2018, McFee jumped through a window at the Roadside Bar in Diamond after gunmen stormed the building.

Gregory “Woody” Abraham was shot and killed during the incident, but McFee told police he was the target of the gunmen.

In 2018, McFee was charged with non-capital murder in Grenada, having been accused of unlawfully causing a wound to 35-year-old businessman, Damian Depradine, who was shot twice on April 29, 2016.

He was also charged for causing grievous bodily harm and two counts of possession of a firearm in relation to the injuries sustained by two other people. McFee allegedly fired several gunshots in what the authorities said was a “random shooting” before fleeing the area on the date in question.

He was arrested in Carriacou following a drug bust on December 7, 2018. He was later freed of the charges but was back in trouble with the law on May 11, 2020 when he was charged in connection with the seizure of just over EC$14,000 at a residence in Woburn, St George.