If you get stuck from time to time when it comes to creating and planning your Instagram content, you’re not alone! We all go through that from time to time. What’s important is to ensure you do something about it, which is what this week’s column focuses on. The three major reasons that make you feel stuck when it comes to consistently posting on your business Instagram are 1) creator’s block: when you feel uninspired and don’t know what to post 2) things get busy in other parts of your business and life 3) when you’re discouraged because of poor performance of past posts. Most importantly, having more than one of these happening at once may be quite demotivating. Here are some tips to dig yourself out of this rut:
Plan four types of posts
- A photo of yourself introducing yourself and your business
- One of your top 3 most liked photos with a different caption
- One of your most commented posts with same photo and caption
- A throwback post of your biggest accomplishment in your business so far or the moment things clicked for you. Tell people about it (you don’t necessarily have to call it Throw Back Thursday)
Plan two of the above posts per week e.g. Tuesdays and Thursdays. This will give you some breathing room to create new content.
- Brand templates
Create a set of on brand templates that have variety but also look consistent with your brand.
- Get Creative
Add text to your images, memes etc. -these will help because people will not need to read your caption to get value. Spice up your regular photos by adding doodles and graphics with apps such as Canava or Mojo.
- Add valueBring value to your audience. Instagram users want more than just pretty photos, so think of what your audience wants and needs and how you can provide it to them
Candice Sealey is the Founder & Principal Consultant at Ignite! a Full-service Marketing & PR Consultancy that helps businesses/brands to stand out and communicate the right message to the right people at the right time through Strategy, Marketing, Media services and Design solutions. She is also a freelance content writer, advertising copywriter, voiceover talent, media personality. Follow us on FB & IG 784-432-2223. Email: [email protected]