March 8, 2013
Consular officer from U.S. Embassy in Barbados to visit SVG

Fri Mar 08, 2013

A consular officer from the U.S. Embassy in Barbados will visit Kingstown, St Vincent and the Grenadines on Monday, March 18 and 19 to provide U.S. Citizens Services and to accept applications for U.S. passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA). Visa cases will not be discussed.{{more}}

Appointments will be held at the Peace Corps Office in Kingstown:

Monday, March 18: 8:30 a.m. — 11:30 a.m.; 1 p.m. — 4 p.m.

Tuesday, March 19: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.

A release from the Embassy said interested persons must have an appointment to meet with the consular officer. All appointments are scheduled online. Please follow instructions on the U.S. Embassy’s website at Please have all forms filled out prior to your appointment and bring originals and copies of all documents. Fees must be paid by international money order or bank draft, made out to “U.S. Embassy.” Cash will NOT be accepted.

Fees are:

Child’s passport (under age 16): US$105

First adult passport: US$135

CRBA: US$100

Notarials: US$50 per signature

If you are renewing a 10-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, and can present your expired passport, you may apply by mail directly to the Embassy; the fee is US$110.

If you cannot present a previous 10-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, you must appear in person for an interview with the consular officer; fee is US$135.

All applicants must provide: completed passport application, two passport-size photos (2” x 2”), proof of U.S. citizenship such as previous U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, or U.S. naturalization certificate, and social security card. Please bring originals AND photocopies of all documents. You must also provide a prepaid air waybill (FedEx, DHL, LIAT QuikPak, etc.) in order to have the new passport mailed back to you in St Vincent and the Grenadines.

For a child under age 16, if both parents are listed on the birth certificate, both parents must appear in person with the child OR you may submit a notarized statement of consent from the absent parent. For more information, visit: Please also bring the documents listed above PLUS the child’s birth certificate and both parents’ passports (or other identification). Please bring originals AND photocopies of all documents including copies of the parents’ identification.

Additional information on U.S. citizens’ services and links to application forms are available on U.S. Department of State’s website at .