Buccament Bay man stabbed to death
March 30, 2012
Buccament Bay man stabbed to death

For Norma Jackson, something is missing; but she just can’t put her finger on it.{{more}}

Jackson, a resident of Queen’s Drive, her sons and daughters are trying to accept the fact that her second child Desmond is dead, following an altercation with a woman, believed to be his girlfriend.

The 39-year-old man, who lived in Buccament Bay, died at the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital on Sunday March 25, after allegedly being stabbed in the left temple with a screwdriver on Wednesday, March 21, at Campden Park.

Jackson said that the death of the father of two girls and one boy has left a void in her life.

“I just can’t say what it is; more than I just know that something is missing. I don’t know what lead up to it. I don’t know what to say.”

Sitting in her porch on Wednesday, March 28, Jackson said that it wasn’t until the day after her son was struck, that she found out that he was hospitalized.

“We got the message that Desmond was in the hospital. When we go down there, we meet him on the respirator, he couldn’t say anything and we couldn’t say anything to him and that was it.

According to his mother, he was in good spirits when she last saw him the Sunday before, and she had no reason to believe such a fate would befall him, since she didn’t even know he was in a relationship.

Jackson described her son as a quiet individual, who did not cause trouble.

“Desmond was a good person; he wasn’t a bad person. He was always laughing, always in a good mood.

He is to be laid to rest this Sunday; with a funeral service at the Gospel Hall Church in Belair, followed by burial at the Belair cemetery.

Meanwhile on Wednesday, Campden Park resident Yansen Charles appeared at the Serious Offences Court charged with the murder of Desmond Jackson.

She was not required to plea to the indictable charge and was remanded until July 19 when a Preliminary Inquiry will commence.

She was not represented by counsel.