Flare creates havoc at Ball
News
July 6, 2007
Flare creates havoc at Ball

The call by police and other officials for persons to refrain from using inflammatory devices at carnival shows or other events appears to be falling on deaf ears; just last week, one person suffered burns from a wayward firework.{{more}}

With the High Definition Jumbies Ball in full swing at the Arnos Vale sports Complex, the potentially deadly device was released in the crowd of partying thousands, apparently as a means of entertainment.

But the revelry soon turned to disgust after it was revealed that a visitor to the country, received burns to both ankles by the device.

The police were summoned, and a suspect apprehended.

Luckily for the young lady, who is visiting from the United Kingdom, she was in the company of medical practitioners who applied the necessary First Aid.

At the CDC’s press conference held on June 26, 2007, acting Deputy Commissioner of Police Lenroy Brewster urged party goers to desist from bringing these devices to shows for use as entertainment.

He warned that persons found with them, or any other instruments that can be used as weapons, will be dealt with harshly by the law.

He also warned against dangerous and drunken driving, and urged drivers to park in appropriate locations and wear seatbelts. (JJ)